Orangy Paneer

My this post is dedicated to two wonderful ladies, Shikha Kapoor and Shimpa Rathore... Both of them have different events, going in their groups. Well, both the events, set me thinking... But, nothing specific came in mind.... One event has to had something in red, and another one, says it should have fruits and flowers as the main ingredient.. N

Was all set to make Alu-Gobhi curry(Potato Cauliflower curry) with roti for dinner, when my Kiddo told me, how much she wants to eat Shahi Paneer for Dinner. What exactly, she told me was, " Mamma, I want Shahi Paneer so much, that I am actually getting the taste of it in my tongue right now." After listening, to such demands, how can a Mom say no to her child.

So, changed my dinner Menu, and went to the Kitchen, When this idea struck me of making it Red... After thinking for a while, I thought of giving it a try... And it worked out just fine....

So, here is the healthy and delicious recipe of Orangy Paneer, when you do not have any tomatoes at home, and lots of Orange lying around...

Ingredients -

  1. Paneer - 1 cup (cut into cubes)
  2. Garlic - 
  3. Onion - 
  4. Orange Peel - 2
  5. Orange Juice - Juice of 1 Orange
  6. Cream - 1 tbsp
  7. Salt to taste
  8. Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
  9. Red Chilli Powder - A pinch
  10. Chat Masala - 1 tsp
  11. Aachari Masala - 1 tsp
  12. Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Directions - 

Boil Orange Peel, Garlic and Onion together in an open pan, for 5 minutes, or till the Orange Peel gets soften.

When Cooled, grind them.
In the same pan, heat oil, add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
Add the Onion paste, mix and add all the spices.

Saute for a minute or two.. Add Aachari Masala and Mix...

Add a glass of water, mix and add orange Juice, boil for few minutes.

Add Paneer slices, saute...

When it starts getting thick, Close the flame and add cream.

Mix and Serve.


Note- 
The gravy is going to become thicker by itself, after sometime. So, close the flame, when the gravy is still runny. We enjoyed with homemade Naan....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baked Peas Kachori #Breadbakers

Focaccia Bread #BreadBakers

Oats Garlic Kulcha #BreadBakers