These days I am completely into Baking.... Love to Bake... And when you have adorable Kids around who praise every time you bake, then that's the enough encouragement for the next baking...
Well, my last baking project was Chocolate Cake... Kids loved them, and yes they finished the whole batch in a day... So, now it was again time for next baking project... So, this time wanted to bake something different....N number of Ideas, started moving in my brain, but then I have to think also about the taste of my lovelies.... So, decided to bake a batch of Muffins....
There are variety of flavors of Muffin.... And Vanilla is one of the flavor, which is loved by almost every kid and mini Muffin is the right size for their Snack ..... When I added a cup of All purpose flour to the Mixing Bowl, a thought ran in my head, why not make it little healthy, if not completely healthy... I do not know whether, working completely with Whole Wheat Flour will work.....or it will change the flavor of Muffins, but to be on safer side, I replaced half quantity of All Purpose Flour with Whole Wheat Flour.... I am happy it turned out to be really great and is approved by the Kids as well.... So, next time I will be replacing, All Purpose Flour completely with Whole Wheat Flour...
Kiddos also got a chance to do a Tea Party, with Muffins and Cranberry Juice ( they were pretending the Juice as a Black tea)..... Well, all in all it worked out amazing, and Kids also had a wonderful time...
Here, is my version of Vanilla Whole Wheat Muffins -
Ingredients for 22-24 mini Muffins -
- Whole Wheat Flour- 1 cup
- All Purpose Flour - 1cup
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1tsp
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tbsp.
- Sugar - 2/3 cup
- Cooking Oil - 2/3 cup
- Eggs - 2
- Milk- 1/2 cup
Directions for baking Muffins-
- In another bowl, mix Sugar, cooking oil, eggs and Vanilla Essence.
- Add dry ingredients in small portions, to wet ingredients. keep mixing, to avoid lumps.
- Add milk, and mix.
- Preheat the oven at 350 deg.
- In a Muffin pan, spray some oil, and add this batter to the Muffin tray by a tbsp.
- Fill almost full of each section.
- Put the tray in a oven for 20-25 minutes, till the toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the tray out of the Oven, and cool down for couple of minutes.
- Transfer the muffins to the cooling rack.
- Muffins are ready to be eaten, but if you want to frost the Muffins, you need to wait for at least an hour....
Ingredients for frosting -
- Cream Cheese - 1 (8oz)
- Unsalted Butter - 1 (at room temperature)
- Vanilla Essence - 1tsp
- Sugar (powder) - 1 cup
Directions to make a frosting -
- Add cream cheese and butter in a bowl, and beat them with a hand blender.
- When mixed, add Vanilla Essence and mix.
- Now, add Sugar, and keep on beating, until the mixture is light.
- Now, it depends on which purpose you want to use the frosting for. If you want to use it to spread on cake, the mixture should not be very stiff. And, if you are using to decorate the cakes and cookies by piping method, then you want your frosting to be stiff. So, keep on beating, until you get the stiffness.