Alu ke Paranthe (Potato Tortilla)

As a Child, I was a picky eater. Always say no to food and it became tough for my mom. My mom who is an excellent cook, always looks for some or the other alternatives for my dinner. I still remember, when she is not able to convince me for eating regular dinner, she makes "Alu ke paranthe" especially for me. Now, being a mom, I understand it is a big responsibility of raising a child, and also it becomes so painful for mother, when child do not want to eat a regular dinner. So, now every time I make food, I keep my little one in mind, and make dishes which is approved by her. One more thing which I have understood from my experience, kids love varieties.

Here, is one of the favorite dish of my little one and me- " Alu ke Paranthe- Potato Tortilla".
 


Ingredients-
  1. Potato - 2 (big boiled and mashed)
  2. Onion - 1/2 (chopped)
  3. Green Chilli - 2 (slit)
  4. Wheat Flour - 2 small cups
  5. Olive Oil - 4-5tbsp + spray (to cook parantha)
  6. Salt to taste
  7. Mangrela- Ajwain - 1/4 tsp
  8. Cilantro (Dhania patta)- 1/2 cup (chopped)
Directions to make Potato filling- 
  • In a big pan add remaining 1tbsp of Olive oil and add chopped onion and green chilli.
  • Fry till the onion turns golden brown, add mashed potato and fry for 5 minutes on high flame.
  • Add salt according to ur taste.
  • Mix thoroughly.
  • Sprinkle Cilantro.
  • And let it cool down.
Directions to make a dough - 
  • Mix Wheat flour with 4tbsp of olive oil and salt. rub it gently.
  • Add enough water to make a tight dough.
Directions to make Parantha/Tortilla -
  • Divide the dough in 12 equal parts. Each Part should be big enough to fit in your palm.
  • Divide the filing also in 12 equal parts.

  • Make a ball from each part of dough.
  • Convert the balls in small bowl, by pressing it in center.
  • Fill the potato filling in this dough bowl, and cover it, by again making it a ball.
  • Now, roll this ball by rolling pin. Make it as bi as you want. Do not make it too thin, otherwise it will start breaking.

  • Put it on a Griddle and cook on either sides for 2-3 minutes on high flame or till it light brown on either sides.
  • Spray oil on either sides and again cook it for 2-3 minutes.
  • Enjoy it hot with raita or Coconut Chutney.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Baked Peas Kachori #Breadbakers

Focaccia Bread #BreadBakers

Oats Garlic Kulcha #BreadBakers